Planning and organizing your plant based kitchen with a vegan staples grocery list may seem like a daunting task, but the benefits are undeniable. By taking the time to stock up on PLANT BASED STAPLES & ESSENTIALS, you’ll always have the ingredients you need to prepare healthy, delicious meals at home.
Imagine coming home from a long day at work or school, feeling tired and hungry, only to realize that you have nothing in your kitchen to cook with. In that moment, it’s easy to turn to fast food or unhealthy options, but with a well-stocked plant based kitchen and a vegan staples grocery list, you can avoid this temptation and instead make a nutritious meal in just a matter of minutes. Not only will this save you time and money, but it will also benefit your overall health and well-being.
It’s time to take the first step towards a healthier lifestyle by planning and organizing your plant based kitchen with our vegan staples grocery list to stock your pantry, refrigerator, freezer, and spice cabinet. Here are some tips to get you started:
- Make a list: Start by taking a look at our Plant Based STAPLES & ESSENTIALS page (and the corresponding printable PDF) to determine the vegan essentials you need for your kitchen. Print the PDF and highlight the items you have in one color, the items you need in another color, and leave blank the items you don’t wish to stock. Think about the recipes you want to prepare and the ingredients they require. This will help you avoid buying items that you don’t need and prepare your list easily.
- Shop in bulk: Buying items in bulk can save you money and reduce waste. You can buy staples such as rice, beans, and lentils in bulk and store them in airtight containers in your pantry. You can also look at buying organic more economically when you buy in bulk. For example at a regular grocery store a can of organic garbanzo beans could be upwards of $2, but purchased in bulk could be a smidge less than $1 a can. A warehouse club membership could save you time and money in the long run while offering some great plant based items and fresh produce. This VEG NEWS ARTICLE gives you an idea of what you could expect to find at a warehouse club.
- Keep a well-stocked pantry: Your pantry should include staples such as whole-grain pasta, canned tomatoes, vegetable broth, nuts, seeds, nut butter, and a lot more. These staples allow you to throw together a handful of meals quickly and easily in a pinch.
- Stock up on frozen fruits and vegetables: Frozen fruits and vegetables are an excellent way to ensure that you always have healthy ingredients on hand. You can use them in smoothies, soups, and stews. By stocking up on some of freezer items you can use them as needed and stretch out the timing between grocery trips.
- Keep your refrigerator stocked with fresh produce: Your refrigerator should be stocked with a variety of fresh fruits and vegetables. Leafy greens, carrots, cucumbers, tomatoes, bell peppers, and zucchini are great options. Stock up and plan your meals around these perishable items so they don’t go bad.
- Spice it up: Spices are an essential part of any plant based kitchen. Stock up on staples such as garlic powder, onion powder, Italian Seasoning, and chili powder. You can also try experimenting with new spices to add flavor to your dishes.
Planning and organizing your plant based kitchen with a vegan staples grocery list can save you time, money, and stress. After looking at the essentials, take a look at our SAMPLE GROCERY LIST to get an idea how to incorporate them into a comprehensive list to plan your shopping strategy. By stocking up you’ll always have the ingredients you need to prepare healthy, delicious meals at home. So take the time to make the list, shop in bulk, and keep your pantry, refrigerator, and freezer stocked with nutritious ingredients.