CHUNKY CHICKPEA NOODLE SOUP
Savor the heartiness of this delectable soup, packed with plump chickpeas, sweet, flavorful carrots, and an array of seasonings that embrace you in the warmth of home.
This plant based delight brings the familiar flavors of traditional chicken noodle soup right to your bowl. With every spoonful, you’ll savor the nostalgia of homemade soup, making it the perfect choice for those seeking the warmth of a time-honored comforting, and hearty favorite.
GENTLE SIMMER MELDS FLAVORS
The slow simmer allows the rich flavors of hearty chickpeas, sweet carrots, and a medley of seasonings to meld into a comforting masterpiece to satisfy your cravings for a hearty, home-cooked meal.
Combine All Ingredients and Simmer for 1 Hour
Cook Noodles Separately & Set Aside
Loaded Version with Optional Matzo Balls & Plant Based Chick'n Prepared Separately
Chunky Chickpea Noodle Soup Ingredients
TRADITIONAL RECIPE CARD
The Traditional Recipe Card is the most common way to view an online recipe but we encourage you to try our SIGNATURE ONE-PAGE RECIPE VIEW above. We think you will love the layout!
TO HELP YOU ORGANIZE YOUR SHOPPING LIST...
The Traditional Recipe Card below may include affiliate links. When we can, we link common store-bought items via Instacart directly inside the recipe card so you can easily compile a shopping list and place an order, if you desire. By doing this, we may earn a modest commission from the items you purchase, all without any extra cost to you.
Chunky Chickpea Noodle Soup
- Olive Oil
- 1 Large Onion
- 4 Ribs Celery
- 2 tbsp Minced Garlic
- ½ to 1 lb Baby Carrots
- 4 tbsp Soy Sauce
- 1 tbsp Thyme
- 1 tbsp Dried Oregano
- 1 tbsp Dried Parsley
- 2 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Pepper
- 1 Can Chickpeas (Garbanzo Beans) (15 oz)
- 2 Cartons Vegetable Broth (32 oz each)
- ½ C White (or Red) Wine
- 1 lb Chunky Pasta
- 1 package Matzo Ball Mix (Prepared Separately)
- 1 package Favorite Plant Based Chicken (Prepared Separately)
- Nutritional Yeast (to taste)
- Salt & Pepper (to taste)
Prepare the Base:
- Heat a generous drizzle of olive oil in a 6-quart stockpot or larger.Olive Oil
- Dice the onion and celery and add them to the pot.1 Large Onion, 4 Ribs Celery
- Add garlic and cook for about 5 minutes until the onions are translucent.2 tbsp Minced Garlic
Prepare Carrots While Cooking:
- Cut the desired amount of carrots in half (or thirds depending on size).½ to 1 lb Baby Carrots
- Add the carrots to the pot and stir, sautéing for another 2-3 minutes.
- Add all spices and stir to combine throughout.4 tbsp Soy Sauce, 1 tbsp Thyme, 1 tbsp Dried Oregano, 1 tbsp Dried Parsley, 2 tsp Salt, 1 tsp Pepper
- Adjust spices to your preference while the soup simmers, if necessary. Additional salt may be needed.
Add Chickpeas and Broth:
- Drain and rinse the chickpeas, then add them to the pot.1 Can Chickpeas (Garbanzo Beans)
- Add the veggie broth and optional wine, if desired. Stir well.2 Cartons Vegetable Broth, ½ C White (or Red) Wine
- Bring the mixture to a boil, then reduce the heat to a simmer for about an hour to meld the flavors together. Taste halfway, you may need additional salt.
Prepare Noodles Separately:
- Prepare the noodles according to package directions.1 lb Chunky Pasta
- After draining, return them to a separate pot and drizzle with olive oil or vegan butter to prevent sticking together.
- Combine the cooked noodles and soup in a bowl.
- Top with nutritional yeast and salt & pepper to taste.Nutritional Yeast (to taste), Salt & Pepper (to taste)
- The optional ingredients do add some prep time to the dish, but can be really worth it in the end, especially the matzo balls.
- If you like, you can seperately prepare a package of matzo ball mix for an added heartiness to this dish. For this, just replace the traditional egg with "Just Egg" brand for best results.1 package Matzo Ball Mix
- Another option to add more texture to the soup is to separately prepare a package of plant based chicken (not breaded) and add at the end to the individual bowls.1 package Favorite Plant Based Chicken