LION'S MANE MUSHROOM SANDWICH
Fresh Lion’s Mane Mushroom Sandwich sautéed to perfection with soy sauce and garlic, tucked between toasted mini French loaf buns, and drizzled with a delightful vegan simple sauce.
HEARTY & FLAVORFUL
Lion’s Mane mushrooms have a unique and distinct flavor profile. When cooked, they are often described as having a mild multi-dimensional, seafood-like taste, with hints of lobster or crab. The texture is tender and somewhat meaty making it the ideal substitute for many plant based dishes.
SIMPLE TO SAUTE
These mushrooms can grace your table in just 15 minutes from start to finish, using basic ingredients like soy sauce, garlic, and salt to enhance their delectable, unique flavor profile. They are perfect as a side, in a pasta, stir fry, or our favorite…a Lion’s Mane Mushroom Sandwich.
Mushroom as Side Dish
TRADITIONAL RECIPE CARD
The Traditional Recipe Card is the most common way to view an online recipe but we encourage you to try our SIGNATURE ONE-PAGE RECIPE VIEW above. We think you will love the layout!
TO HELP YOU ORGANIZE YOUR SHOPPING LIST...
The Traditional Recipe Card below may include affiliate links. When we can, we link common store-bought items via Instacart directly inside the recipe card so you can easily compile a shopping list and place an order, if you desire. By doing this, we may earn a modest commission from the items you purchase, all without any extra cost to you.
Lion’s Mane Mushroom Sandwich
For Mushroom Prep
- 8 to 12 oz Fresh Lion’s Mane Mushroom
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil
- 2 to 3 tbsp Vegan Butter
- 1 tbsp Low Sodium Soy Sauce
- 1 tsp Garlic Powder
- ½ tsp Salt (To Taste)
For Sandwich Bun
- 4 Mini French Loaf Buns
- 1 (Additional) tbsp Vegan Butter
For Simple Sauce
- 3 tbsp Vegan Mayo
- 1 Dollop Horseradish (To Taste)
STEP 1: CLEAN & PREPARE MUSHROOMS
- Gently run mushroom under water to remove any debris.8 to 12 oz Fresh Lion’s Mane Mushroom
- Remove stem and cut into ¼ inch (or smaller) slices.
STEP 2: COOK SIDE 1 OF MUSHROOM
- In large sauté pan over medium heat, melt oil and butter. Be careful not to brown or burn the butter.2 tbsp Olive Oil, 2 to 3 tbsp Vegan Butter
- Once melted and slightly bubbling, add the sliced mushrooms to the pan in a single layer.
- Cook this side for about 3-5 minutes until golden brown. While cooking,don’t move the mushroom so that it completely browns, but watch closely so they do not burn.
STEP 3: COOK SIDE 2 OF MUSHROOM
- Flip each mushroom over and add soy sauce, garlic powder, and salt.1 tbsp Low Sodium Soy Sauce, 1 tsp Garlic Powder, ½ tsp Salt (To Taste)
- Cook an additional 3-5 minutes on this side to a golden brown.
- Turn one more time, to sear in the spices, for 1 final minute.
STEP 4: WHILE MUSHROOMS ARE COOKING, PREPARE TOASTED BUN
- Open each bun and spread v-butter.4 Mini French Loaf Buns, 1 (Additional) tbsp Vegan Butter
- Toast bun to golden in air fryer or oven (roughly 4 min) at 400°.
STEP 5: WHILE BUNS ARE TOASTING, PREPARE SIMPLE SAUCE
- Combine mayo and horseradish to taste. If you would prefer, you can omit the horseradish and spread a thin layer of vegan mayo on bun.3 tbsp Vegan Mayo, 1 Dollop Horseradish
STEP 6: ASSEMBLE SANDWICH
- Spread a thin layer of the simple sauce onto each toasted bun. Add 2-3 mushroom slices (depending on size). Cover with bun top and enjoy.