HEARTY CHILI MAC
So easy, just open cans & pour into the pot. The amazing flavor comes from the variety of tomatoes & beans and the cook time melds all the flavors together perfectly.
SIZED TO FEED A LARGE GROUP
This hearty chili mac is meant to feed a small army or served for leftovers a couple of nights, so we recommend using an 8-quart stockpot. We give an option to add more cans of tomatoes and/or beans because there really is no right or wrong to the recipe.
SO MUCH FLAVOR
The enjoyable flavor comes from the variety of tomatoes & beans so be sure to look for the specific types of cans recommended, not necessarily any particular brand.
Pour Cans Into Stockpot
Bring To Boil Then Simmer 3 Hours
Hearty Chili Mac Ingredients
TRADITIONAL RECIPE CARD
The Traditional Recipe Card is the most common way to view an online recipe but we encourage you to try our SIGNATURE ONE-PAGE RECIPE VIEW above. We think you will love the layout!
TO HELP YOU ORGANIZE YOUR SHOPPING LIST...
The Traditional Recipe Card below may include affiliate links. When we can, we link common store-bought items via Instacart directly inside the recipe card so you can easily compile a shopping list and place an order, if you desire. By doing this, we may earn a modest commission from the items you purchase, all without any extra cost to you.
Hearty Chili Mac
- 8 QT Stockpot
- Drizzle Olive Oil
- 1 Large Onion
- 3 tbsp Chili Powder
- 4 (to 5) Cans Diced Chili Flavored Tomatoes (15.5 oz each)
- 2 Large Cans Whole Peeled Tomatoes (28 oz each)
- 3 (to 4) Cans Kidney Beans (15.5 oz each)
- 3 (to 4) Cans Pinto Beans (15.5 oz each)
- 3 Cans Chili "Hot" Beans (actually not hot at all!) (15.5 oz each)
- 1 tbsp Salt Additional Salt Likely Necessary, To Taste)
- 16 oz Elbow Noodles
OPTIONS TO SERVE WITH:
- Salt & Pepper (To Taste)
- Hot Sauce of Choice
- Diced Green Onions/Chives
- Saltine/Oyster Crackers
- Vegan Sour Cream
- Vegan Cheese
STEP 1: Saute Onions & Add Seasoning
- Drizzle and heat olive oil in large 8 QT stockpot.Drizzle Olive Oil
- Dice onions, add to pot, stir & cook about 3-5 mins until translucent.1 Large Onion
- Add chili powder (+/- to taste) to pot, stir and cook another 1-2 minutes.3 tbsp Chili Powder
STEP 2: Add Cans of Tomatoes & Beans
- Add tomatoes and mix well. NOTE: It is a good idea to hold back one can of the chili ready tomatoes and add once all beans have been added (just to make sure there is enough room in the pot).4 (to 5) Cans Diced Chili Flavored Tomatoes, 2 Large Cans Whole Peeled Tomatoes
- Drain and rinse all beans and add to pot3 (to 4) Cans Kidney Beans, 3 (to 4) Cans Pinto Beans, 3 Cans Chili "Hot" Beans (actually not hot at all!)
- Add salt and mix well.1 tbsp Salt
STEP 3: Simmer on Stove
- Allow the mixture to just come to a boil, then reduce heat to low (where it has the slightest bubble) and cook about 3 hours. Don't cover (or do not cover all the way) to allow the chili to cook down. Mix fairly often, taking time to scrape the bottom of the pot to prevent burning.
- After the first hour of cook time, take a spatula and break up the "whole tomatoes" into smaller pieces.
- Also, after the first hour of cook time taste the chili. Add more salt to taste, if necessary.
STEP 4: While Chili Simmers - Prepare Macaroni Noodles
- Prepare noodles separately, according to package directions and set aside.16 oz Elbow Noodles
- Combine noodles and chili in bowl. Serve with your choice of these popular items:Salt & Pepper, Hot Sauce of Choice, Diced Green Onions/Chives, Saltine/Oyster Crackers, Vegan Sour Cream, Vegan Cheese