GOURMET GRILLED CHEEZE
Plant based eaters can savor the delectable, gooey, and melty cheesy goodness without compromise. This gourmet grilled “cheeze” is slow-cooked to a golden brown masterpiece.
CRISPY & GRILLED TO PERFECTION
This simple Gourmet Grilled Cheeze sandwich is a crowd-pleaser. Choose your favorite hearty bread and vegan cheese to make it your own. We love Violife Cheddar, which is widely available. For a gourmet touch, add sliced tomatoes and tangy onions.
COOK LOW & SLOW
The key to cooking this sandwich is to keep the flame low, keep it covered, and cook slowly to melt the vegan cheese. By doing this you will also toast the bread to golden perfection.
Cover & Cook Low
Flip When Golden Brown
TRADITIONAL RECIPE CARD
The Traditional Recipe Card is the most common way to view an online recipe but we encourage you to try our SIGNATURE ONE-PAGE RECIPE VIEW above. We think you will love the layout!
TO HELP YOU ORGANIZE YOUR SHOPPING LIST...
The Traditional Recipe Card below may include affiliate links. When we can, we link common store-bought items via Instacart directly inside the recipe card so you can easily compile a shopping list and place an order, if you desire. By doing this, we may earn a modest commission from the items you purchase, all without any extra cost to you.
Gourmet Grilled Cheeze
- 1 Small Sweet or Red Onion
- 1 Medium Tomato
- 4 Slices Favorite Bread
- 2 TBSP Vegan Butter
- 4 Slices Violife Vegan Cheddar Cheese, or similar
STEP 1: PREPARE SANDWICH FILLER
- Thinly slice onion & tomato, set aside.1 Small Sweet or Red Onion, 1 Medium Tomato
STEP 2: PREP SANDWICHES
- Heat small pan or skillet over medium heat.
- Spread vegan butter onto one side of 4 slices of your favorite bread.4 Slices Favorite Bread, 2 TBSP Vegan Butter
- Place 2 slices face down on skillet and add 2 slices of v-cheese to each piece of bread.4 Slices Violife Vegan Cheddar Cheese, or similar
- Turn heat down to LOW
STEP 3: FILL & COOK SANDWICHES
- Add preferred amount of onion and tomato to each sandwich.
- Top each with remaining slices of bread, butter side up.
- Cover with lid and cook LOW & SLOW for about 3 minutes.
- Carefully flip sandwich when the bottom becomes golden brown. Vegan cheese should be slightly melting, reduce heat further if not.
- Recover with lid and cook second side similarly.
- Remove from heat when done and cut in half.