POTATO CORN CHOWDER
Indulge in the velvety goodness of our plant perfect potato corn chowder, a warm embrace of simplicity with veggies, potatoes, and corn. Ideal for cozying up on chilly winter days.
SOUL WARMING COMFORT
This potato corn chowder doesn’t cut corners; it boasts an abundance of soup essentials, including onion, celery, and carrots, expertly infused with impeccable seasonings. All this richness is complemented by hearty potatoes and capped off with the addition of sweet corn.
CRAFT YOUR PERFECT BLEND
Make it just the way you like it by giving the mixture a blend with a hand masher, immersion blender, or regular blender. Play around until it feels right for you—whether you prefer it silky smooth or with a few tasty chunks in the mix.
Dice & Saute Onions, Celery, & Carrots and Add Spices
Dice & Add Potatoes, Cook Until Tender
Cool Slightly & Blend Soup with Potato Masher, Immersion Blender, or Blender
Potato Corn Chowder Ingredients
TRADITIONAL RECIPE CARD
The Traditional Recipe Card is the most common way to view an online recipe but we encourage you to try our SIGNATURE ONE-PAGE RECIPE VIEW above. We think you will love the layout!
TO HELP YOU ORGANIZE YOUR SHOPPING LIST...
The Traditional Recipe Card below may include affiliate links. When we can, we link common store-bought items via Instacart directly inside the recipe card so you can easily compile a shopping list and place an order, if you desire. By doing this, we may earn a modest commission from the items you purchase, all without any extra cost to you.
Potato & Corn Chowder
- 1 Drizzle Olive Oil
- 1 Medium Onion
- 3 Ribs Celery
- ½ lb Baby Carrots (8 oz=½ lb, can add more if desired)
- 1 tbsp Minced Garlic
- 2 tsp Lowry's Seasoned Salt
- 1 tsp Dried Thyme
- 1 tsp Dried Rosemary
- ½ tsp Pepper
- 5 Medium Russet Potatoes (or a similar amount of baby potatoes)
- 1.5 to 2 (32 oz) Boxes Vegetable Broth
- 1 ( 15.5 oz) Can Garbanzo Beans (optional for added protein)
- 1 (15 oz) Can Corn
- Heat a generous drizzle of olive oil in a 6 qt stockpot over medium heat.1 Drizzle Olive Oil
- Dice the onion and add it to the pot, stirring occasionally while continuing to chop.1 Medium Onion
- Dice the celery and carrots, and add them to the pot. Mix well.3 Ribs Celery, ½ lb Baby Carrots
- Note: You can add more of any vegetable, including potatoes, adjusting spices and broth accordingly.
- Add minced garlic and all spices. Mix well and cook down a few minutes.1 tbsp Minced Garlic, 2 tsp Lowry's Seasoned Salt, 1 tsp Dried Thyme, 1 tsp Dried Rosemary, ½ tsp Pepper
- Peel potatoes (if desired, not required) and dice the potatoes into medium chunks. Add them to the pot and mix well.5 Medium Russet Potatoes
- Add vegetable broth to the pot and mix well. Bring to a high simmer, then lower to a slight bubble simmer.1.5 to 2 (32 oz) Boxes Vegetable Broth
- Optional: If adding garbanzo beans for protein, drain and rinse the beans, then add them to the pot. Mix well.1 ( 15.5 oz) Can Garbanzo Beans
- Cook for about 30-40 minutes until the potatoes are fork-tender.
- Once the potatoes are tender, remove from heat and carefully blend the mixture with a potato masher or immersion blender to your preference, leaving some small chunks if desired.
- Taste the blended soup and adjust salt and spices as desired. Thin out with more broth if needed.
- Drain the can of corn and add it to the pot. Mix well.1 (15 oz) Can Corn
- Serve with salt and pepper to taste, and accompany with saltine crackers or crusty bread.