VEGGIE & BEAN CHILI
Warm, hearty, and packed with fresh vegetables, tomatoes, and a medley of flavorful spices, this Veggie & Bean Chili is a delightful dish that’s perfect for chilly days.
VEGGIE PACKED FLAVOR EXPLOSION
Zesty onions, crisp celery, vibrant peppers, and tender zucchini join forces with rich and juicy stewed tomatoes and tomato sauce creating a colorful and flavorful base for this veggie-packed sensation.
Savor the magic of this slow-simmered chili, where an hour of patient cooking melds spices and beans into a hearty, comforting bowl you will crave. Perfect for any occasion.
Sauté Veggies & Add Spices
Drain, Rinse, & Add Beans
Veggie & Bean Chili Ingredients
TRADITIONAL RECIPE CARD
The Traditional Recipe Card is the most common way to view an online recipe but we encourage you to try our SIGNATURE ONE-PAGE RECIPE VIEW above. We think you will love the layout!
TO HELP YOU ORGANIZE YOUR SHOPPING LIST...
The Traditional Recipe Card below may include affiliate links. When we can, we link common store-bought items via Instacart directly inside the recipe card so you can easily compile a shopping list and place an order, if you desire. By doing this, we may earn a modest commission from the items you purchase, all without any extra cost to you.
Veggie & Bean Chili
- Olive Oil
- 1 Medium Onion
- 4 Ribs Celery
- 2 Medium Zucchini
- 1 Green Pepper
- 1 Red Pepper
- 1 to 2 Jalapenos
- 2 tbsp Minced Garlic
- ¼ C Chili Powder
- 2 tsp Sugar
- 2 tsp Salt
- 2 28 oz Cans Stewed Tomatoes
- 1 15 oz Can Tomato Sauce
- 1-2 15 oz Cans Pinto Beans
- 1-2 15 oz Cans Black Beans
Options for Serving:
- Saltine/Oyster Crackers
- Hot Sauce of Choice
- Diced Green Onions/Chives
- Salt to Taste
- Vegan Sour Cream
- Vegan Shredded Cheese
Saute the Veggies
- Drizzle a generous amount of olive oil in a 6 to 8 quart stockpot over medium heat.Olive Oil
- Dice the onion and add it to the pot.1 Medium Onion
- As the onions are cooking, dice the celery, zucchini, and peppers, adding them to the pot as completed, and continue cooking and stirring often.4 Ribs Celery, 2 Medium Zucchini, 1 Green Pepper, 1 Red Pepper
- Dice the jalapeno (and seed if desired to reduce heat), and stir well.1 to 2 Jalapenos
- Add the minced garlic and stir well.2 tbsp Minced Garlic
- Add the chili powder, sugar, and salt. Stir well.¼ C Chili Powder, 2 tsp Sugar, 2 tsp Salt
Add Tomatoes & Beans
- Add the stewed tomatoes and tomato sauce to the pot.2 28 oz Cans Stewed Tomatoes, 1 15 oz Can Tomato Sauce
- Drain the pinto and black beans and add them to the pot.1-2 15 oz Cans Pinto Beans, 1-2 15 oz Cans Black Beans
- Bring the chili to a slight boil, mix well, and then turn down the heat.
- Simmer the mixture for at least 30 minutes, up to 1 hour and 30 minutes, with an average of 1 hour, depending on the desired melding of flavors and softening of textures.
- Stir and check the heat occasionally, adjusting as needed.
Options to Serve With:
- Serve in bowl and top with favorite toppings.Saltine/Oyster Crackers, Hot Sauce of Choice, Diced Green Onions/Chives, Salt to Taste, Vegan Sour Cream, Vegan Shredded Cheese